Company Name: Amazon
Job Role: SDE
Years of Experience Required: Fresher (0 Yrs.)
Preparation for Amazon
Topics: Data Structures and Algorithms
Duration: 3-5 months
Source of Preparation: Codechef, Leetcode, Striver’s SDE sheet.
- Check Striver’s SDE Sheet for Interview Preparation.
- Check the ultimate resume-building guide for coding interviews.
- Blind 75 Leetcode
Amazon Interview Rounds
Round 1: Online Round
- Count Inversion: Given an array of N integers, count the inversion of the array (using merge-sort). What is an inversion of an array? Definition: for all i & j < size of array, if i < j then you have to find pair (A[i],A[j]) such that A[j] < A[i].
- Add two Linked List: Given the heads of two non-empty linked lists representing two non-negative integers. The digits are stored in reverse order, and each of their nodes contains a single digit. Add the two numbers and return the sum as a linked list.
Round 2: Technical Interview
- Find the repeating and missing numbers: You are given a read-only array of N integers with values also in the range [1, N] both inclusive. Each integer appears exactly once except A which appears twice and B which is missing. The task is to find the repeating and missing numbers A and B where A repeats twice and B is missing.
- Find the intersection of two linked lists: Given the heads of two singly Linked List headA and headB, return the node at which the two lists intersect. If the two linked lists have no intersection at all, return null.
Round 3: Technical Interview
- Job Sequencing Problem: You are given a set of N jobs where each job comes with a deadline and profit. The profit can only be earned upon completing the job within its deadline. Find the number of jobs done and the maximum profit that can be obtained. Each job takes a single unit of time and only one job can be performed at a time.
- Don’t remember the question properly.
Round 4:Technical + Managerial Interview
- What is spooling?
- Explain Cache
- ACID properties (VVVVV IMP)
- N meetings in one room: There is one meeting room in a firm. You are given two arrays, start and end each of size N. For an index ‘i’, start[i] denotes the starting time of the ith meeting while end[i] will denote the ending time of the ith meeting. Find the maximum number of meetings that can be accommodated if only one meeting can happen in the room at a particular time. Print the order in which these meetings will be performed.