Company Name: Amazon
Job Role: SDE
Years of Experience Required: Fresher (0 Yrs.)
Preparation for Amazon
Topics: Data Structures and Algorithms
Duration: 3-5 months
Source of Preparation: Codechef, Leetcode, Striver’s SDE sheet.
- Check Striver’s SDE Sheet for Interview Preparation.
- Check the ultimate resume-building guide for coding interviews.
- Blind 75 Leetcode
Amazon Interview Rounds
Round 1 was a coding test where 2 coding questions were given.
- Sort an array of 0’s, 1’s, and 2’s: Given an array consisting of only 0s, 1s and 2s. Write a program to in-place sort the array without using inbuilt sort functions.
- Add two Linked List: Given the heads of two non-empty linked lists representing two non-negative integers. The digits are stored in reverse order, and each of their nodes contains a single digit. Add the two numbers and return the sum as a linked list.
Round 2: Technical Interview
- Allocate Minimum Number of Pages‘
- Vertical Order traversal of a binary tree.: Write a program for Vertical Order Traversal order of a Binary Tree.
Round 3: Technical Interview
- Rotten Oranges: You will be given an m x n grid, where each cell has the following values :
- 2 – represents a rotten orange
- 1 – represents a Fresh orange
- 0 – represents an Empty Cell
Every minute, if a Fresh Orange is adjacent to a Rotten Orange in 4-direction ( upward, downwards, right, and left ) it becomes Rotten. Return the minimum number of minutes required such that none of the cells has a Fresh Orange. If it’s not possible, return -1.
- Rod Cutting problem Dp: We are given a rod of size ‘N’. It can be cut into pieces. Each length of a piece has a particular price given by the price array. Our task is to find the maximum revenue that can be generated by selling the rod after cutting( if required) into pieces.
Round 4:Technical + Managerial
- He asked many situation-based questions
- Asked questions about my internships and then followed by a DSA question
- Serialize And Deserialize a Binary Tree: Design an algorithm to serialize and deserialize a binary tree. There is no restriction on how your serialization/deserialization algorithm should work. You just need to ensure that a binary tree can be serialized to a string and this string can be deserialized to the original tree structure.