Company Name: Amazon
Job Role: SDE Intern (6-Month)
Years of Experience Required: Fresher (0 Yrs.)
Drive: Off-Campus (Referral)
CTC: Rs. 80K/Month
Preparation for Amazon
Topics: Data Structures and Algorithms
Duration: 1.5 years
Source of Preparation: Codechef, Leetcode, GFG, Striver’s SDE sheet.
- Check Striver’s SDE Sheet for Interview Preparation.
- Check the ultimate resume building guide for coding interviews.
- Blind 75 Leetcode
Amazon Interview Rounds
Round 1: Online Coding Test
It was divided into 5 sections:
- 7 debugging questions- Easy
- 2 Coding Questions-Find longest Subarray with unique characters.
- Find the longest Subarray with unique characters. O(n2) was also accepted.
- Write algorithm for Amazon Store where we were given the time for query for the user and their direction(enter/exit). We had to return the vector with time at which the user will complete the action. Some conditions were also given. (Don’t remember the question exactly)-
I used the Priority queue and was able to clear 6 out of 11 test cases.
- Behavioral questions
- Aptitude Questions
Round 2: Technical Interview 1 on Amazon Chime (1 Hour)
Topics asked: BST, BFS.
The interviewer was quite friendly. The interviewer introduced himself and then asked for my introduction.
Problem 1: Create BST from a given string.
Input: 1 2 3 4 N N N
Only a Discussion happened for this Question. No Code was required. The Interviewer was satisfied with O(N) Time and O(N) Space i.e., converting BST to sorted array and using 2 pointers to find the pair.
Problem 3: Rotting Oranges
I was able to solve both questions in just under 1 hour with the optimized approach. Then he asked if I had any questions.
Round 3: Technical Interview 1 on Amazon Chime (1 Hour)
Topics asked: Recursion and Backtracking, Simple Array-Based Question.
The interviewer introduced himself and then asked for my introduction.
The Interviewer asked a behavioral question that explains a situation when you have to learn something from scratch.
Problem 2: Two Sum. (Sorted and Unsorted Array)
Problem 3. Three Sum. (Discussion Only)
I was able to give a satisfactory explanation and solution in around 45 min with the optimized approach. Then he asked if I had any questions.
Message to Aspiring Students: –
Consistency is the key to success. You have to have to sit for at least 2 hours daily irrespective of any reason until you get success. The most commonly asked 300-400 questions should be on your tips.