Company Name: Amazon India
Job Role: SDE-1
Years of Experience Required: 0 to 2
Preparation for Amazon
Topics: Data Structure and Algorithms
Duration: 2-3 months
Source of Preparation:
- GeeksForGeeks(Previously asked Interview question and Experience)
- Striver’s SDE sheet and his video tutorial on trees, graphs.
- Leetcode (Easy and Medium top interview question list, weekly and biweekly contest)
- Check Striver’s SDE Sheet for Interview Preparation.
- Check the ultimate resume building guide for coding interviews.
Amazon Interview Rounds
Round 1: Online Coding Test
I don’t remember the questions exactly, but one was of DP and the other was a Tree question
Got the result after 3 months.
Round 2: Online Amazon Chime Interview [Technical]
Round 3: Online Amazon Chime Interview [Technical]
The above two round was conducted on the same day and the result was declared in a week
Round 4:Online Amazon Chime Interview [Managerial Round]
2. Question on Interface, abstract, inheritance.
3. Question on the time complexity of sorting.
4. Some leadership principle questions like challenging projects done by yourself, what you will do if one of your team members is on leave and you have tight deadlines, challenges i faced in my internship, questions on my personal project.
The result was declared in 4-5 days
Round 5: Managerial Round [Online Amazon Chime Interview]
1. There are N people standing in a circle. On every pass, the kth person was killed. This cycle continues till only one person remains alive. Find out the alive person. (Josephus problem)
Input: N=4, k=2
1, 2, 3, 4
at first pass 2 is killed
1 3, 4
at second pass 4 is killed
at the third pass, 3 is killed
1 is the person survive which is final ans
2. Celebrity Problem. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/the-celebrity-problem/
Questions about my current company, the current project I am working on in my company, why i am leaving my current company.
The result was declared in 10 days.
Message to Aspiring Students.
Have a stronghold on Data Structure and Algorithms and CS fundamentals. Do Striver’s SDE sheet. It will cover all your standard questions. As In Amazon, they ask mostly standard questions or twist the standard question. So Have confidence in yourself.
You can participate in weekly and biweekly contests of leetcode.
For Amazon Prepare for Leadership Principles as well.
Try to give first brute force approach then optimal one. Try to communicate with the interviewer while solving questions.
Prepare some questions you can ask the interviewer in the end about company work culture, tech stack they used, etc.
All the Best to all Aspirants for their upcoming Interviews. Nothing is impossible. Be consistent and have confidence.
Active Linkedin Profiles for Seeking referral at Amazon: Reach out to me: Tanu Agrawal