Company Name: Arcesium
Job Role: Software Developer 1
Years of Experience Required: 1
Topics: DSA, Java, Spring Boot, DBMS
Duration: 6 months
Source of Preparation: Leetcode, Telusko (Java), Sanchit Jain youtube (DBMS)
- Check Striver’s SDE Sheet for Interview Preparation.
- Check the ultimate resume building guide for coding interviews.
- Blind 75 Leetcode
Arcesium Interview Rounds
Round 1: Online Coding Test
3 Questions in 60 minutes.
Problem List: All 3 questions mentioned in this post. (I solved 2/3)
Round 2: Video interview 1
Topics asked: Previous company experience, 1 DSA question, Java, Spring
Problem Statement: Count the number of islands in a matrix (Famous DFS/BFS problem)
Follow up: Count the number of unique islands where two islands are unique if:
- Their shape is not same (or)
- Number of nodes in that island are not same
I could not solve the follow-up question.
- Java Stream API (Given employee ids and age, Filter employee by age >30 using stream)
- Difference between Spring and Spring Boot
- Difference between final, finalize, finally
- In what cases program doesn’t go into finally block
- What is bean in spring
- Autowired and Singleton design pattern
- Lambda function
Round 3: Video interview 2
Topics asked: 1 DSA question, Java, Spring, DBMS, SQL
- Daemon Thread
- 3 table join SQL query
- Multiple inheritance and how can the problem be solved
- Normalization and when its used
- ACID properties
- Garbage collection in java
- Locking mechanism in DBMS (Concurrency)
- Difference between interface and abstract class
Round 4: HR Video interview
- Why arcesium?
- What is the problem in previous company?
- Why not go with other competing offers?
Message to Aspiring Students.
Don’t wait to prepare everything. Start applying and giving interviews right away. Learn from what you couldn’t answer from previous interviews. Keep solving DSA questions and prepare for Java, DBMS and any other concept you mention in your resume.
Make profile on Naukri.com as a recruiter from there contacted me regarding this opportunity.