Company Name: Amazon
Job Role: SDE
Years of Experience Required: Fresher
Preparation for Amazon
Topics: Data Structures and Algorithms
Duration: 6 months
Source of Preparation: GFG, Striver’s SDE sheet, Aditiya Verma Dp series.
- Check Striver’s SDE Sheet for Interview Preparation.
- Check the ultimate resume-building guide for coding interviews.
- Blind 75 Leetcode
Amazon Interview Rounds
Round 1: Online assessment
- Check if two trees are identical, given root nodes of two trees, our task is to write a function to verify if both of the trees are identical or not.
- Maximum Subarray sum in an array(Kadane’s Algorithm): Given an integer array arr, find the contiguous subarray (containing at least one number) which has the largest sum and return its sum and print the subarray.
Round 2: Technical Round
- Sort arrays of 0’s, 1’s, and 2’s: Given an array consisting of only 0s, 1s and 2s. Write a program to in-place sort the array without using inbuilt sort functions. ( Expected: Single pass-O(N) and constant space)
- Minimum number of platforms required for a railway: We are given two arrays that represent the arrival and departure times of trains that stop at the platform. We need to find the minimum number of platforms needed at the railway station so that no train has to wait.
Round 3: Technical Round
- Check if a Binary tree is a BST or not.
- Find the kth largest element in a BST. Given a binary search tree find the kth largest and smallest element in Binary Search Tree.
Round 4: Technical + Managerial Round
- Why do you want to join Amazon?
- Why should we hire you, strength and weakness?
- Find maximum size BST from a given binary tree.
- Questions from 1NF,2NF, 3NF, and normalization